Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Walla Walla Fair

So Labor Day weekend we had our annual Fair and Frontier Days and for some reason I still at 27 years old get extremely excited about this weekend! Maybe it is the fact that when I was young and showing horses I practically lived at the fair so I came to love everything about it and I hope that my children do as well. Needless to say most of our experiences went well and some did not but I think that the pictures to come will explain what I mean!
 
We kicked off the week with theRodney Adkins concert which was fairly fun but the people that we usually go with did not go this year so that was a bummer. Patrick and I did have fun however especially since we had a babysitter (thanks Lori and Summer!), and we got to hang out with my parents and a couple of other friends. No pictures from that night though. The night after that we went to the demo derby and that was fun as well but once again I don't really have any pictures of that.
 
The real family fun started Saturday morning where we got to go to the parade as a family! Riley, needless to say, totally bought in to the parade experience, waving her flag and eating the popsicles, she had a blast!
 
Aunt Miranda marching with the Wa-Hi Dance Team



 
There were also a couple of days that we tried to get Riley to go see the animals...not a fan...at all! The first day Riley and I went with our good friend Megan, poor Megan haha. Riley hated all of the animals. This picture was when she thought for a second that she liked the bunny that the boy was sharing with her and then the bunny moved, that only confirmed her feelings of hatred toward all of the animals. She especially hated the horses, which of course broke my heart. I am hoping that she grows out of this and wants to be a cowgirl like her mama was!
 
 
Once daddy was there the second day that we went to see the animals Riley was a bit more ok with the idea but still a bit skeptical of them.
 



After we went to see the animals we got to go to the rodeo for the first time with Riley! She loved it so much that she proptly passed out after the bronc riding which just so happened to be the first event of the night! Thankfully we got a couple of pictures with her before that. She loved Patty and her bling, I'm thinking she is going to be a rodeo princess someday!


We got to hang out with a lot of friends at the fair, mainly in the beer garden which was a blast! Here are just a couple of pictures of some people we saw. Not to mention we got to hear 2 of our friends in their bands. We saw Nate in Shanks Pony and Ty in The Froghollow Band. Both of them were very fun to listen to!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment