Sunday, September 30, 2012

Catching Fire

Of course I had to read the second book of the Hunger Games since the first one was so wonderful and of course I loved the book. I was shocked at the twist and how Katniss and Peeta had to go back into the games and I was shocked at the end where (spoiler alert) they both got out alive along with several other contestants.I totally didn't expect that, I thought for sure that Katniss would "accidentally" win as she was trying to save Peeta and that Peeta would intentionally kill himself at the end. Despite what I thought would happen I am glad that is not the end result. I am excited to see if they can defeat the capitol in the third book.

Another thing I am excited about it is the relationship between Katniss and Gale. I like Peeta but I really don't think that is who she is meant to end up with. It was also kind of fun to learn about some of the other contestants in The Games this time as they were working together.

I have heard from almost everyone that has read the whole series that the third book is not as good but I guess I will have to decide for myself and I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment